Guidelines for Seeking Support
Tips to keep in mind when looking for counseling or therapy
- Support can be sought at any time. You do not need to wait for a crisis.
- Everyone is better served when support is sought sooner rather than later.
- You may experience the need for support at some times and not at other times. Adjustment is an ever-changing process. Specific aspects of the situation will influence what families need and how they adapt.
Parents and caregivers should seek support when
- You feel in need of more support.
- You wonder if you and your family are adjusting as well as you feel you should be or could be.
- You want to build on your existing strengths and resources.
- You are experiencing a specific problem.
- There is a significant change in the emotional, behavioral, or social functioning in your child or a family member.