Living With Cystic Fibrosis
To manage the symptoms of cystic fibrosis, patients should try to:
- Reduce the risk of infection. Stay current with vaccinations, wash hands often, and avoid situations where you are likely to come into contact with dangerous germs.
- Exercise as your doctor advises. Exercise helps to clear the lungs, strengthens breathing muscles, and improves the overall fitness of the lungs and heart. It also makes you feel good!
- Eat as your doctor advises. Good nutrition is especially important for people with CF due to increased caloric demand and incomplete digestion.
- Avoid tobacco smoke. People with CF should not smoke or be exposed to it!
- Get lots of rest. Rest helps your body fight illness and helps you stay well.
- Keep your appointments with the CF center. It is important to meet with your team on a regular basis, not only to detect any changes in your health, but also to find out about new treatments that might help to improve your condition.
- About Us
- Patient Stories
- Living With Cystic Fibrosis
- Clinical Trials and Research
- Links and Resources
- Cystic Fibrosis Patient and Family Advisory and Advocacy Committee
- Our Team
- Other Team Members
- More Appointment Information