The Read-a-thon encourages a love of reading while providing a creative and fun way to help CHaD.
Money raised through the Read-a-thon will directly impact the kids at CHaD. Funds raised will be used to purchase books and toys for waiting rooms, along with other children's activity supplies for use by our Child Life Program.
How to participate
Contact Toby Trudel at (603) 629-1862 or Toby.Trudel@Hitchcock.org.
- Pick a 2-4 week time-frame in which to hold your Read-a-thon.
- Begin to collect pledges. Pledges can be based on the number of minutes, pages, or books you read or have read to you. Example: 25 cents per page or a flat pledge if you meet your goal. Use the CHaD Pledge Pages we supply.
- As you obtain pledges or donations, record each person's name, mailing address and their pledge amount. Please print legibly.
- Sponsors may pay you immediately, or wait until you've completed your reading. Please have any checks made payable to CHaD.
- Read or be read to! After your time period is up, tally up your reading, complete the pledge sheet, collect any outstanding pledges, and turn any cash into a check or money order payable to CHaD. Return the pledge sheets and funds to the CHaD Community Relations office.
- Top individual and group fundraisers are eligible for some great prizes, including New Hampshire Fisher Cats baseball game tickets and Borders gift certificates.
- Pat yourself on the back! You've done a wonderful thing for the kids at CHaD! (And had fun doing it!)
- Once you submit your completed Pledge Form with all pledges, watch your mailbox for a special thank you from CHaD!