Guidelines for Conducting Events for CHaD
- Events must be registered with CHaD by filling our Event Registration form. Events are registered on a year-to-year basis. So if you've done your event for CHaD before, please complete a form each time you plan to repeat your event.
- Events should complement the image and mission of the Children's Hospital at Dartmouth-Hitchcock (CHaD). We discourage direct sponsorship by companies whose products are in conflict with our mission, including but not limited to alcohol and tobacco.
- CHaD must be identified only as the beneficiary of the event, as opposed to the event being billed as a "CHaD event."
- Event organizers are responsible for obtaining all necessary permits, licenses, and/or insurance.
- Prepare a budget with estimated revenues and expenses for your event. CHaD reserves the right to review this budget. The Better Business Bureau states that charities should spend no more than 35% of related contributions on fundraising. CHaD will not approve an event where the fund-raising costs exceed 35% of total income.
- CHaD must approve, in advance, all copy for print materials, including invitations, advertisements, press releases, and posters.
- Events must comply with all federal, state and local laws governing charitable fund-raising, gift reporting, and special events. Donors must be notified regarding which portion of their contribution is tax deductible, and determinations must be made based on fair market value of all tickets and/or items. Please contact CHaD with questions or for more information.
- Please notify CHaD Community Relations if you plan to contact businesses, individuals, or organizations for sponsorship proposals. Please be prepared to provide CHaD with a list of organizations that you plan to approach, so that we can be sure that they have not already been solicited for a donation by CHaD.
Support CHaD can provide:
- Offer advice on event planning.
- Provide a letter of authorization to validate the authenticity of the event.
- Provide CHaD logo (use must be approved by CHaD staff).
- Provide you with background on CHaD, including funding priorities.
- Promote your event on our website.
- Provide you with some basic necessities for carrying out an event, like a CHaD banner!
CHaD is unable to provide the following:
- On-site staffing and volunteers
- Insurance coverage
- Funding or expense reimbursement
- Mailing lists
- Advertising and promotion outside of our web page
In addition, we are unable to extend our tax exemption to your organization.