Safe Kids New Hampshire
SKNH serves as a hub for communication and collaboration for people and organizations in New Hampshire who are interested in preventing accidental childhood injury, the leading cause of death in children 14 and under.
Do You Know
Rules of the Road for NH children change on Jan.1, 2014?
Click here for more information
SKNH is a member of Safe Kids Worldwide, a global network of similar organizations with a common mission. Safe Kids NH was founded in the 1990's with the Children's Hospital at Dartmouth-Hitchcock (CHaD) as the lead organization.
Why is injury prevention important?
Many injuries and deaths are preventable. We believe that all New Hampshire children should grow up safe and injury free. Please join us at our quarterly meetings or call us to learn more about what risks NH children face and what you can do to help.
Safe Kids New Hampshire focuses on:
- Child passenger safety
- Bike and pedestrian safety
- Drowning prevention
- Fire prevention
- Prevention of unintentional injury
See our Fact Sheet (PDF)
- Child Passenger Safety Check-Up Events:
- Sept. 14th - CPS Showcase, Third Annual Greater Nashua Family Emergency Preparedness Day Pheasant Lane Mall, 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Sept. 15-16 - Special Needs CPS Class in Concord.
- Sept. 20th - CPS Showcase, Derry Fest, MacGregor Park, Derry, 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Sept. 20th - CPS Seat Check Event. Hudson Police Dept. Hudson, 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Sept. 27th - CPS Showcase Event and Check- Londonderry Safety Day, Matthew Thornton School, Mammoth Road, Londonderry. 12:00 noon to 4:00 p.m.
- Oct. 4th - CPS Seat Check Event, Hood Commons, 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., Crystal Drive, Derry
- Safe Kids Meetings - Call for dates/locations
Contact us at: (603) 653-8360 or 1-877-783-0432 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org