Safe Kids New Hampshire
SKNH serves as a hub for communication and collaboration for people and organizations in New Hampshire who are interested in preventing accidental childhood injury, the leading cause of death in children 14 and under.
SKNH is a member of Safe Kids Worldwide, a global network of similar organizations with a common mission. Safe Kids NH was founded in the 1990's with the Children's Hospital at Dartmouth-Hitchcock (CHaD) as the lead organization.
Why is injury prevention important?
Many injuries and deaths are preventable. We believe that all New Hampshire children should grow up safe and injury free. Please join us at our quarterly meetings or call us to learn more about what risks NH children face and what you can do to help.
Safe Kids New Hampshire focuses on:
- Child passenger safety
- Bike and pedestrian safety
- Drowning prevention
- Fire prevention
- Prevention of unintentional injury
See our Fact Sheet (PDF)
- Child Passenger Safety Check-Up Events:
- Dec. 16: 6 CEU Technician Update class. Milford ambulance 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Jan. 26: 6 CEU Technician Update class. Safety & Health Council, Concord 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Feb. 26: 6 CEU Technician Update class. Derry Police Dept. 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- March 24-27: 4-day new CPST class. Portsmouth Fire Dept. Students can register at cert.safekids.org
Please contact Tom Leach at (603) 653-8355 for more information
- Safe Kids Meetings - Call for dates/locations
Contact us at: (603) 653-8360 or 1-877-783-0432 or email us at email@example.com