About Pediatric Neurology
We offer careful, in-depth evaluations of children with a number of conditions. We first emphasize diagnosis, then work with the family and child on management. We pride ourselves on the quality of our care.
We work closely with neuroscience specialists from Neurosurgery, Neuroradiology, Neuropsychology, Child Psychiatry, Child Development, and Genetics to evaluate and treat a wide variety of neurological conditions affecting children. We have strong programs in general clinical pediatric neurology, pediatric neurometabolic and neurodegenerative disorders, and pediatric epilepsy.
The Comprehensive Epilepsy Center at DHMC in Lebanon, NH is a leading institution in the evaluation and treatment of patients with intractable epilepsy.
- DHMC has historically been a leader in the development of the use of corpus callosotomy as a treatment for intractable seizures.
- We have a state-of-the-art neuromonitoring unit and an experienced surgical team for challenging epilepsy surgeries.
- We offer novel medications as part of clinical research studies in pediatric epilepsy.
- We have a growing vagal nerve stimulator program.
- Our dietitian is trained to educate parents in using the ketogenic diet therapy approach to epilepsy.
We conduct research about the basic mechanisms of epilepsy and the response of the immature brain to traumatic brain injury in the Pediatric Neurosciences laboratories.