Developed by child life specialists at DHMC, Operation Sneak-a-Peek is a tour designed to help children of various ages and their families prepare for anesthesia, surgery, and other sedated procedures.
How can Operation Sneak-a-Peek help my child?
During the program, children will:
- Become familiar with the hospital environment
- Meet some of the people who will be caring for them
- Learn about medical equipment through therapeutic play
- Begin preparation for their upcoming procedure
- Have the opportunity to ask questions
When is Operation Sneak-a-Peek?
Personal tours can be offered throughout the week on an individually scheduled basis. Please call the child life program office for more information or to schedule a personalized tour for your child at (603) 650-8831.
Where is Operation Sneak-a-Peek offered?
- CHaD PainFree Program
- Outpatient Surgical Center (OSC)
- Same Day Surgery
Elliot at River's Edge in Manchester, NH
- 1-Day Surgery
When should I plan to take the Sneak-a-Peek tour?
We recommend that children take the Sneak-a-Peek tour within about one week of their scheduled procedure.