For a complete list of recommended books about preparing for surgery, please visit the Child Life Program's Recommended Books page.
Book topics include chronic illness; death and dying; medical visits; relaxation and coping; special needs; and when a parent is ill.
- Frequently Asked Questions About Your Visit
- Making the Most of Your Medical Appointment
- Preparing for Your Child's Surgery
- How Can I Help My Child?
- What to Tell Your Child
- Your Child's Hospital Room
- What to Expect Going Home
- Where to Stay at CHaD/DHMC
- What You Can Bring to CHaD/DHMC