Our cardiologists provide a range of heart-care services for children, from evaluation of infants and children with suspected heart disease, to more complex testing and invasive procedures.
We host more than 8,000 outpatient visits and consultations per year. Our department is a member of the Regional Program in Pediatric Cardiology, a partnership between Dartmouth Health Children's and Fletcher Allen Health Care. When necessary, we collaborate with Children's Hospital in Boston on clinical and surgical cases.
The conditions we treat include:
- Congenital (present at birth) heart defects
- Arrhythmia (irregular heartbeat)
- Cardiomyopathy (heart muscle disease)
- Syncope (fainting)
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Dyslipidemia and hyperlipidemia (cholesterol problems)
- Adult congenital heart disease
- Inpatient and critical care of infants and children with heart disease