Child Advocacy and Protection Program
CAPP team members conduct inpatient and outpatient, urgent and routine, multidisciplinary evaluations of children who are suspected victims of physical abuse, sexual abuse, and/or neglect.
We conduct these evaluations at the request of medical professionals within and outside of CHaD and at the request of child protective services (CPS) social workers or police investigators. We work closely with all members of the multidisciplinary team.
The main CAPP office is in Lebanon, NH. CAPP clinics are located at Dartmouth-Hitchcock in Concord, Dover, Lebanon, and Nashua, NH. CAPP also provides medical services in Manchester and Exeter, NH.
Other CAPP activities include:
- State and regional coordination of services for abused children
- Child abuse prevention activities
- Medical-legal case reviews at the request of Child Protective Services (CPS) social workers, police investigators, and attorneys
- Expert testimony when required
- Ongoing training regarding child maltreatment to teachers, health care professionals, attorneys, police investigators and CPS social workers
- Child abuse research
- Direct support to Child Advocacy Centers in New Hampshire and Vermont