- Adults are responsible for shielding our children from harm.
- Child maltreatment creates significant long-term health costs and social consequences.
- Maltreatment during childhood and adolescence can have a devastating impact on an adult's capacity to be a productive member of society.
- Healthy families are the cornerstone of healthy communities, and healthy communities nurture healthy children and families.
- Everyone has the potential to help shield our children from harm and get involved.
- Community leaders are essential to our successful reduction of the incidence of child maltreatment.
- Coordination and collaboration of services are "best practice."
- Joint fundraising and education between our organizations will bring greater resources to bear on the problem and solutions.