The resources listed on these pages can help your family cope with illness, a hospital stay, and the need to make important medical decisions.
Chapel and spirituality
Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center (DHMC) provides a beautiful Chapel as a place of public worship and private meditation. The Chapel is adjacent to the elevator lobby on Level 3 at DHMC. It is open 24 hours a day and patients, visitors and staff are welcome. Chaplains at DHMC are here to help families with their spiritual needs. They provide personal support, crisis intervention, spiritual care and guidance, short-term counseling and connection with local religious communities. To contact Chaplaincy, please call 603-650-7939 or ask your nurse. Visit the Chaplaincy website for more information.
Child Life Program
The Child Life Program focuses on the psychosocial, emotional, and developmental needs of children and the impact that illness, injury, and hospitalization can have on the normal developmental process.
Coping with the impact of illness
Your social worker will help patients and families cope with the impact of illness or injuries. A social worker will help you find local resources after discharge in your local community. They also help families access Irving Oil gas vouchers and help you negotiate insurance and financial concerns.
CHaD Family Center / Molly's Place
Molly's Place at the CHaD Family Center offers a welcoming space to provide families with education, unbiased information, and community connections in a respectful, culturally sensitive, and comfortable manner.
Reach Out and Read
Reach Out and Read is a non-profit organization that helps young children succeed in school by encouraging doctors, nurse practitioners, and other medical professionals to advise parents about the importance of reading aloud and giving developmentally-appropriate books to children. Families served by Reach Out and Read read together more often, and their children enter kindergarten with larger vocabularies and stronger language skills, better prepared to achieve their potential.
Dartmouth-Hitchcock support services
The following Dartmouth-Hitchcock (D-H) support services are provided to you for your convenience and are available on the D-H website.
- Billing and insurance: The Dartmouth-Hitchcock Billing Office can answer your questions about your statement, insurance coverage, or payment arrangements.
- Dartmouth-Hitchcock Pharmacy: You can get your child's prescriptions filled at Dartmouth-Hitchcock pharmacies at DHMC and at Centerra, which accept most prescription insurance plans.
- Flowers, gifts, and conveniences: Learn about the conveniences offered at DHMC.
- Gift Shop: The Gift Shop's mission is to support the needs of patients, visitors, and staff. D-H Volunteer Grants are used to purchase equipment, and to support services for patients.
- Health Education Center: To find reliable health information and resources, and borrow books and videos, you can go to the Health Education Center at DHMC in the East Mall on the 4th floor.
- Medical records and release forms: Learn how you can review the information in your child's medical records and obtain the form to consent to medical treatment of a minor child.
- myD-H: Learn how to access your child's medical records through myD-H.
- Rest Easy Lodging Assistance: Get basic information on local lodging facilities, within 15 miles from DHMC.
- Shared Decision Making: Learn how you can work with CHaD providers to come to an agreement about a health care decision for your child.