CHaD Wish List
Thank you for considering a donation to the Children's Hospital at Dartmouth-Hitchcock, CHaD. In addition to CHaD programs and services funded by philanthropy, the kids at CHaD need toys and books to help normalize their day, encourage development, and as diversions when uncomfortable or sitting for long procedures. Below are ways to help provide toys and books for the children at CHaD.
Monetary donations toward the toy wish list
Cash donations to the CHaD toy wish list allow us the greatest flexibility to purchase toys and books throughout the year. We also use monetary gifts to purchase larger items that children use while at CHaD.
To make a financial contribution:
- Call (603) 650-3431, or
- Mail your check — made payable to "DHH-CHaD/Toy Wish List" — to:
CHaD Community Relations Office
One Medical Center Drive
Lebanon, NH 03756
CHaD wish list
This wish list is created to guide donations of single items. If you or your group is interested in donating more than a couple of items, please contact the Child Life Program so that you can receive a more comprehensive list.
Thank you to everyone who has generously donated items in the past. Below is our current wish list.
Online wish lists
We have also created several wish lists.
If you have any questions about these wish lists, please contact the Child Life Program at (603) 650-8831.
Items Most Needed
- Small Lego Kits
- Stuffed Animals (MUST be brand new with tags still on)
Other Items Needed
- Acrylic paint (non-toxic, variety of colors)
- Baby Alive-plastic hair (not the flowy kind)
- Bendy fun straws
- Clothing-Infant to Teen, tops and bottoms
- Color by number books
- Crayola washable window crayons
- DVD's (new releases G, and PG13)
- Fubbles No-Spill Bubble Tumblers (12 pack)
- Hair Ties
- I Spy/Look and Find It books
- Infant toys - cause and effect, rattles, etc.
- Matchbox cars
- Melissa and Doug play food
- Noise cancelling headphones
- Noise/sound books
- Paint brushes
- Portable DVD players
- Prize bin items (items $5 or less to go in a prize reward bin)
- Sculpey clay and tools
- String art kits
- Teen items - ear buds, hand held games, OPI nail polish, sports t-shirts, etc.
- Touch and Feel books
- Velvet coloring posters (small 8 x 11 size)
- Water Babies
Gift cards (most of these businesses are local to the Upper Valley area in $5-$25 increments):
- Au Bon Pain
- Books-a-Million (BAM)
- Cravin's Country Market & Deli
- Dunkin' Donuts
- The Gift Shop
- Grocery stores (Shaw's, Hannaford, Price Chopper, etc.)
- Visa gift cards
Toy drives and group donations
It helps to have a theme. Themes will help motivate and organize your drive. They can include anything from choosing an age group to buy for (it helps to pick an age the group can identify with) or choosing a type of gift like DVDs, board games, "things that make me laugh" or "things that help me relax." See our CHaD wish list above below for suggestions.
Before you announce your toy drive, please contact Amie Marsh at Amie.L.Marsh@hitchcock.org for information about what types of items are needed at this time.