CHaD Wish List
Thank you for considering a donation to the Children's Hospital at Dartmouth-Hitchcock, CHaD. In addition to CHaD programs and services funded by philanthropy, the kids at CHaD need toys and books to help normalize their day, encourage development, and as diversions when uncomfortable or sitting for long procedures. Below are ways to help provide toys and books for the children at CHaD.
Monetary donations toward the toy wish list
Cash donations to the CHaD toy wish list allow us the greatest flexibility to purchase toys and books throughout the year. We also use monetary gifts to purchase larger items that children use while at CHaD.
To make a financial contribution:
- Call (603) 650-3431, or
- Mail your check — made payable to "DHH-CHaD/Toy Wish List" — to:
CHaD Community Relations Office
One Medical Center Drive
Lebanon, NH 03756
CHaD wish list
This wish list is created to guide donations of single items. If you or your group is interested in donating more than a couple of items, please contact the Child Life Program so that you can receive a more comprehensive list.
We have also created an Amazon Wish list. Please contact the Child Life Program with any questions at (603) 650-8831.
Thank you to everyone who has generously donated items in the past. Below is our current wish list.
- Plastic cause-and-effect toys (for example, Playskool Busy Poppin Pals, Fisher Price Animal Friends Discover Treehouse, Fisher Price See-n-Say)
- Water Babies
- Don't Break the Ice
- Etch A Sketch
- Headbanz and Headbanz Jr.
- I Spy/Look and Find It books
- Noise/sound books
- Fisher Price Medical Play Kits
- OPI brand nail polish
- Portable DVD players
- Sculpey clay and tools
- Crayola washable markers (thick and thin)
- Fubbles No-Spill Bubble Tumblers (12 pack)
- Scratch Art
- Crayola washable window crayons
- Glue: colored, classic or glitter
- Elmer's slime activator
- Gift cards (most of these businesses are local to the Upper Valley area):
- Au Bon Pain
- Books-a-Million (BAM)
- Cravin's Country Market & Deli
- Dunkin' Donuts
- The Gift Shop
- Grocery stores (Shaw's, Hannaford, Price Chopper, etc.)
- Visa gift cards
Toy drives and group donations
It helps to have a theme. Themes will help motivate and organize your drive. They can include anything from choosing an age group to buy for (it helps to pick an age the group can identify with) or choosing a type of gift like DVDs, board games, "things that make me laugh" or "things that help me relax." See our CHaD wish list above below for suggestions.
Before you announce your toy drive, please contact Amie Marsh at Amie.L.Marsh@hitchcock.org for information about what types of items are needed at this time.