Event Planning Basics
- Form a committee: Choose enthusiastic and committed people to take part in the planning process. Look for a wide range of skills and enough people to share the work load. It doesn't have to be a large group, but as we all know, "many hands make light work."
- Choose your event: Decide which of the events in this kit will work best for you—or develop a new event! Encourage your committee members to use their imaginations and get creative.
- Identify your audience: Who do you expect to participate? How can you best gear your event to them? Will there be participation from the public, or just from your circle of friends and acquaintances?
- Set goals: Set realistic but challenging goals. If you had to work to get there, you will have much to celebrate after the event!
- Plan your budget: If there will be any cash outlay for the event, it is important to set a budget. We recommend that fundraising costs not exceed 15% of the income from an event.
- Schedule your event: Choose your date and time carefully in order to maximize participation and allow your group plenty of time to plan and publicize.
- Register your event: Fill out the registration form for CHaD Community Events.
- Collect Funds: We ask that funds be submitted to CHaD within 30 days of the event date. Checks should be made payable to CHaD.
- Thank you! Thank your participants and acknowledge your volunteers. And thank YOU for supporting CHaD through your efforts!