Skip to main content
Children's Hospital at Dartmouth Hitchcock (CHad)
In This Section

Food, Clothing, Housing & Transportation

Advance Transit
(802) 295-1824
Public transportation in the Upper Valley

(802) 295-7160

Bonnie CLAC (formerly known as Fannie CLAC)
(603) 443-9701
A nonprofit organization created to make the ownership of cars more available and more affordable for people of low to moderate income in the United States.

Community Action Programs in VT and NH
Community Action programs are statewide programs for food assistance, fuel assistance, clothing, transportation, weatherization, and information and referrals.

Dartmouth Coach
(603) 448-2800
Bus service to Boston, Logan Airport

NH Division of Family Assistance
General Information: (800) 772-1213
The Division of Family Assistance administers Cash Assistance, Food Stamps, Medicaid, Emergency Assistance, and Childcare Assistance programs for eligible NH residents. Families need to apply for assistance at their local Health and Human Services Office.

VT Economic Services Division (aka PATH)
General Information: (800) 287-0589 or (802) 241-2800
VT Economic Services administers Cash Assistance, Food Stamps, Emergency Assistance, Fuel Assistance, and Medicaid programs for eligible VT residents. Families need to apply for assistance at their local Economic Services Division (PATH Office).

NH Housing Authority
(603) 298-5753 or (800) 640-7239
To find out more about NH's housing programs and local contact information.

Listen Community Services
(603) 448-4553 or (800) 263-1166
Services include budget counseling, community dinners, food pantry, heating helpers, housing, youth mentoring, summer camps, holiday gift baskets, and supportive housing.

NH Medicaid Ride Coordinator
(800) 852-3345 x 3770
The Coordinator will provide names and telephone numbers of drivers who accept NH Healthy Kids and NH Medicaid payment for transportation. Medicaid will reimburse parents for transportation to and from medical appointments and the pharmacy. Families must enroll for this service and then fill out reimbursement forms that need to be signed by physician or pharmacist.

NH Food Bank
Listing of NH Agencies providing food support

The Upper Valley Haven
(802) 295-6500
Short-term emergency housing, food shelf, free clothing, advocacy & referrals in White River Junction, Vt.

Vermont State Housing Authority
(802) 295-8883
State-subsidized housing

Vermont Transit (Greyhound)
(802) 295-3011
Bus service in Vermont & NH

(800) 942-4321 in New Hampshire
(802) 295-8820 in Vermont
Supplemental food program for women, infants and children to age five. Food and nutritional education for families. Eligibility based on income.

Related Pages

Contact Us