Resident well-being is of paramount importance to Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center, our Graduate Medical Education Office, and our Pediatric Residency Program. Residents are encouraged to lead healthy lives and make healthy choices that support them in their personal and professional growth. Our program, along with Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center, offers many excellent resources for residents (and often family members too) to support their well-being.
Wellness committee initiatives
- Downtime half days are incorporated into the ambulatory Y-Weeks. These can be used for mental health, dental, or medical appointments, preparation for conference presentations, or finishing work tasks.
- Facilitated debriefing sessions
- Awesome Wall – Kudos! With a quarterly prize
- Resident Mentoring Program where interns are paired with a senior
- Snacks and coffee while on busy rotations
- CSA for residents to share in the summer months
- Mindfulness and resiliency sessions with in-house Psychologist