Patient Support and Resources
Patient and Family Support Services offers a variety of free nurturing programs that enhance the well-being of patients and caregivers throughout the cancer journey. See our Calendar of Events for details about coming events.
You can also call us for more information.
- Patient and Family Support Services: (603) 650-7751
- Cancer Help Line: (800) 639-6918
Most services take place on the third floor (Hematology/Oncology) and the second floor (Radiation/Oncology). We also offer many of the same services in the inpatient unit (1 West).
All of our programs, which are offered free of charge, are supported by grateful patients and corporate and institutional donors. To add your support, please contact our Support Services Coordinator, Deborah Steele, at (603) 650-7751 or by email.
Some of our free services
- Hemophilia Patient/Family Group Discussion at DHMC in Lebanon, NH. Call Laurel McKernan, RN. (603) 650-5486.
- Monthly disease-specific and caregiver support groups
- Chair massage, bodywork, and Reiki sessions
- Healing harp music
- Patient and Family Resource Library; a lending library with helpful books, DVDs, and videos
- Art cart projects and "Sand Tray" art therapy
- Writing for Healing; six-week expressive writing groups
- Comfort Cart on wheels
- "I Can Cope" and other American Cancer Society (ACS) co-sponsored classes
- Newly knit caps and shawls
- Weekend help at home from the Dartmouth College Cancer Society
- ACS wig bank & wig fitting service
- Blood Disorders (CDC)
- Hemophilia Information (CDC)
- National Hemophilia Foundation
- New England Hemophilia Association