Pediatric Ophthalmology provides vision screening and orthoptic evaluations for children, and treats common problems that can affect your children's eyes and vision.
Dartmouth-Hitchcock offers pediatric ophthalmology services at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center and at Lebanon Court Street Clinic.
The conditions we treat include:
- Amblyopia (lazy eye)
- Childhood cataracts
- Craniofacial syndromes and developmental abnormalities
- Dacryostenosis (blocked tear ducts)
- Nasolacrimal duct obstruction
- Nearsightedness or farsightedness
- Orbital tumors
- Pink eye
- Retinopathy of prematurity
- Strabismus (crossed eyes)
Waking Up with Crossed Eyes
After struggling with a cold and fever, Lauren woke up one morning with her eyes fixed inward. She was dizzy, sick to her stomach and couldn’t see well because of the double vision. One eye would drift back and forth. “It made me feel like I was the only one with this sickness,” says Lauren. Watch Lauren's story.