Infants: 0-12 months
Common Stressors for Infants: Separation from parents; unfamiliar caregivers; new and different routines; interrupted sleep; unfamiliar sights, sounds and smells
Ways you can help
- Be well rested.
- The more calm and relaxed you are, the more calm and relaxed your infant is likely to be.
- Distraction rocking, walking.
- Bring a favorite blanket/pacifier/toy.
Supporting Your Child as Anesthesia is Being Started (Induction)
- Read a favorite book.
- Listen to music.
- Singing or simply hearing a familiar voice can be comforting to infants
* We have toys, music, and books available at the PainFree Program or you can bring items from home.
Additional Items to Consider Bringing
- A car seat or stroller - Helpful to use when leaving the hospital
- Formula and bottle (if used), or favorite sippy cup - Children can typically resume their diet AFTER their procedure