Resident well-being is of paramount importance to D-H, Graduate Medical Education and our Pediatric Residency Program. Residents are encouraged to lead healthy lives and make healthy choices that support them in their personal and professional growth. Our program, along with D-H, offers many excellent resources for residents (and often family members too) to support their well-being.
Wellness Committee Initiatives:
- Two ½ days for mental health, dental or medical appointments beyond vacation and sick days
- Humanism chats
- Awesome Wall – Kudos! With a quarterly prize
- Resident Mentoring Program – Interns paired with a senior
- Snacks and coffee while on busy rotations
- CSA for residents to share
- Mindfulness and resiliency sessions
- CHaD Resident Family Network – run by spouses!
- Family Orientation