Counseling for Children with Chronic Health Conditions
Having a child with a chronic health condition forces everyone involved to cope with many changes and stressors. The condition impacts all areas of child and family life. It especially poses significant emotional and behavioral challenges for the child, parents, siblings, and extended network of family and friends.
- Because of these challenges, children with chronic conditions may be more likely to experience adjustment difficulties as they learn to adapt to a physical illness.
- Family members, too, have an increased risk of experiencing significant adjustment difficulties.
- Adjustment problems in the child affect adjustment in the family, resulting in further influences on the child.
In order to promote healthy adjustment in the child with a chronic health condition, it is important to support the child’s emotional and behavioral needs as well as the needs of the family. Counseling services can be a valuable part of your child’s treatment plan.
- Our Team
- Treatments and Services
- Patient Support and Education
- Appointments and Referrals