Treatments and Services
We offer outpatient pediatric psychiatry services in Keene, Lebanon, and Manchester, NH. We also work with New Hampshire Hospital in Concord, NH, for inpatient services.
Mental health problems can occur at the same time as medical, development, or learning problems. Changes in mood or behavior can also be connected to life events such as divorce, death, trauma, or abuse.
That is why our first step in treatment is a comprehensive evaluation. Afterwards, our specialists prepare a treatment plan tailored to each child and family.
When signs of trouble emerge, seeking help early increases a child's chances for a safe, effective recovery. The behaviors listed below may indicate that your child is having difficulty. If some of these signs and symptoms persist for a period of weeks or months, please contact us.
- Sad, withdrawn, hopeless mood
- Anxious, worried, fearful behavior
- Inability to concentrate, sit still, or focus attention
- Changes in sleeping or eating habits
- Thoughts that race too fast to follow
- Hearing voices than cannot be explained
- Constant concern about physical problems, appearance or weight
- Use or abuse of alcohol or other drugs
- Loss of enjoyment in favorite activities or hobbies
- Difficulties with grades, attendance or behavior at school
- Injuring self by hitting, banging or cutting
Our goal is to relieve pain and restore health. We try to reduce conflict in families by helping members develop new ways of dealing with recurring problems. With new skills and techniques, individuals can learn to manage difficult feelings and correct destructive behaviors. By building on the strengths and successes of each family, we help people work toward positive growth, change, and renewal.
Our treatments include:
- Anger management group for pre-teens
- Anxiety management groups for children and adolescents
- Behavior management
- Clinical trials for new treatments of mental disorders in children
- Divorce therapy
- Family therapy
- Group therapy
- Individual therapy
- Parent behavioral management training
- Psychopharmacology clinics
- School consultation
- Social skills training groups
- Trauma-focused cognitive behavioral therapy