Stories: Health NewsletterIn This Section
- Preventing Tick-borne IllnessesBy Dr. Antonia Altomare | April 7
Deer ticks (also known as Ixodes scapularis) carry more than Lyme disease. There are at least five infections one could get if bitten by a deer tick: Lyme disease, Anaplasmosis, Babesiosis, Borrelia miyamotoi and Powassan disease.
- New CHaD Treatment Room Wraps Take Patients on an AdventureApril 3
Thanks to our generous donors-Norwich Lions Club, Byrne Foundation, and Dreamakur-CHaD patients can take a dive in a colorful voyage under the sea or look for lions and giraffes while exploring the great wonders of an African safari.
- Should My Child Have a Cholesterol Test?March 15
A genetic disorder called "familial hypercholesterolemia," if left untreated, can lead to early heart disease.
- Buckle Up. Every Trip. Every Time.By Chelsie Mostone | November 7
Each motor vehicle is built around drivers and passengers using their seat belts.
- Empowering Children with Eczema and PsoriasisNovember 7
Successful management of children with chronic skin conditions involves educating them about their condition and encouraging active participation in their skin care.
- Is My Child's Behavior Normal?By Dr. Nina Sand-Loud | August 6
Understanding whether changes in your baby's or young child's behavior is a normal part of child development or a sign of a development disorder.