Stories: Health NewsletterIn This Section
- Hot Cars and Heatstroke - Look before You LockMay 21
Heatstroke is the number one killer of children, outside of car crashes. Safe Kids New Hampshire offers these tips for keeping your child safe in cars during hot weather.
- Preventing Tick-borne IllnessesBy Dr. Antonia Altomare | May 21
Deer ticks (also known as Ixodes scapularis) carry more than Lyme disease. There are at least five infections one could get if bitten by a deer tick: Lyme disease, Anaplasmosis, Babesiosis, Borrelia miyamotoi and Powassan disease.
- NH Teens Tackle Critical Issues During Youth SummitBy Mike Barwell | May 6
Nearly 350 high school students from across New Hampshire wrestled with pressing challenges teenagers face during Dartmouth-Hitchcock Health's Youth Summit 2019 in Concord on April 5-6.
- 2019 Seat Belt ChallengeBy Lisa Olney | May 6
In this gameshow-style competition, high school students will be tested on their knowledge of vehicle and road safety covering such topics as seat belts, distracted driving, impairment and New Hampshire driving laws.
- NH Teens Tackling Critical Issues at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Health Youth SummitBy Mike Barwell | April 5
Nearly 350 high school students from across New Hampshire shared their thoughts about some of the most pressing challenges teenagers face in the early 21st century during the Youth Summit 2019.
- Keeping Your Family Healthy Throughout the YearBy Dr. Antonia Altomare | March 5
D-H's infectious disease expert Antonia Altomare, DO, MPH, shares important tips to keep yourself and your family healthy throughout the year.