Stories: Health NewsletterIn This Section
- Celebrate with Fireworks Safely - Be Prepared, Be Safe, Be ResponsibleJune 26
Here are tips for keeping you-and your family-safe during the most popular season for fireworks.
- Keeping Your Child Buckled UpJune 2
Here are some tips for keeping your child safe in car and booster seats.
- Carbon Monoxide Poisoning and CampingBy Jim Esdon | June 2
When you're away from home this summer keep the air you are there to enjoy, safe.
- Hot Cars and Heatstroke - Look before You LockMay 21
Heatstroke is the number one killer of children, outside of car crashes. Safe Kids New Hampshire offers these tips for keeping your child safe in cars during hot weather.
- Preventing Tick-borne IllnessesBy Dr. Antonia Altomare | May 21
Deer ticks (also known as Ixodes scapularis) carry more than Lyme disease. There are at least five infections one could get if bitten by a deer tick: Lyme disease, Anaplasmosis, Babesiosis, Borrelia miyamotoi and Powassan disease.
- NH Teens Tackle Critical Issues During Youth SummitBy Mike Barwell | May 6
Nearly 350 high school students from across New Hampshire wrestled with pressing challenges teenagers face during Dartmouth-Hitchcock Health's Youth Summit 2019 in Concord on April 5-6.