Stories: Health and WellnessIn This Section
- Preventing Carbon Monoxide PoisoningBy Debra Samaha, MPH, RN | January 29
The Injury Prevention Center at the Children's Hospital at Dartmouth-Hitchcock (ChaD) in partnership with Safe Kids New Hampshire-a coalition led by D-H to keep kids safe-offers these tips to both prevent and identify carbon monoxide in your home.
- Winter Sports SafetyBy Jim Esdon | December 18
The Injury Prevention Center at Children's Hospital at Dartmouth-Hitchcock offers this helpful list of helmet do's and don'ts to keep in mind as you head up the mountain or glide out onto the ice.
- Keeping Teens Safe Behind the WheelDecember 18
Both parents and teenagers need to work together to keep teen drivers safe behind the wheel.
- CHaD's Reach Out and Read Program Celebrates 20 YearsDecember 18
"Reach Out and Read," gives health care providers the opportunity to distribute books to patients and families to help promote early literacy, assess developmental milestones and demonstrate engagement techniques with your child.
- Healthy Holiday Cooking for FamiliesBy Tara Efstathiou, MS, RD, LD | December 5
Remembering that healthy cooking for your family is important year-round can be a challenge, particularly this time of year.
- Booster Seat BasicsSeptember 26
The Injury Prevention Program at CHaD provides these guidelines to help you determine if your child is ready to use a booster seat.