Stories: Health and Safety TipsIn This Section
- Preventing Carbon Monoxide PoisoningBy Debra Samaha, MPH, RN | January 29
The Injury Prevention Center at the Children's Hospital at Dartmouth-Hitchcock (ChaD) in partnership with Safe Kids New Hampshire-a coalition led by D-H to keep kids safe-offers these tips to both prevent and identify carbon monoxide in your home.
- Winter Sports SafetyBy Jim Esdon | December 18
The Injury Prevention Center at Children's Hospital at Dartmouth-Hitchcock offers this helpful list of helmet do's and don'ts to keep in mind as you head up the mountain or glide out onto the ice.
- Keeping Teens Safe Behind the WheelDecember 18
Both parents and teenagers need to work together to keep teen drivers safe behind the wheel.
- Putting a Lock on Children's Gun AccidentsDecember 17
The Children's Hospital at Dartmouth-Hitchcock (CHaD) is piloting a program to provide gun-safety assistance to anyone who keeps a firearm in their home.
- Healthy Holiday Cooking for FamiliesBy Tara Efstathiou, MS, RD, LD | December 5
Remembering that healthy cooking for your family is important year-round can be a challenge, particularly this time of year.
- Pedestrian and Transportation School Safety for ChildrenSeptember 26
Now that the kids are back in school, it's important to discuss the importance of pedestrian and transportation safety with your children.