Stories: NewsIn This Section
- Preventing Tick-borne IllnessesBy Dr. Antonia Altomare | May 21
Deer ticks (also known as Ixodes scapularis) carry more than Lyme disease. There are at least five infections one could get if bitten by a deer tick: Lyme disease, Anaplasmosis, Babesiosis, Borrelia miyamotoi and Powassan disease.
- Dartmouth-Hitchcock Breaks Ground on Manchester ExpansionBy Rick Adams | May 14
The new 90,000 square-foot Ambulatory Surgery Center will include state-of-the art operating rooms, including ones dedicated for pediatric patients.
- Roberta Hines, MD, Named to Dartmouth-Hitchcock Board of TrusteesBy Rick Adams | May 1
Dr. Hines is the Nicholas M. Greene Professor of Anesthesiology at the Yale Medical School and Chief of Anesthesiology at Yale New Haven Hospital.
- John Broderick: From Chief Justice to Mental Health CrusaderBy Rick Adams | April 30
A new documentary tells the story of Broderick's family's struggles with mental health issues, struggles that led to an assault by his eldest son, Christian, in 2002 that nearly cost Broderick his life.
- NH Teens Tackling Critical Issues at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Health Youth SummitBy Mike Barwell | April 5
Nearly 350 high school students from across New Hampshire shared their thoughts about some of the most pressing challenges teenagers face in the early 21st century during the Youth Summit 2019.
- Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center To Host "99 Faces" Art ProjectMarch 27
National exhibit works to reduce stigma of mental illness, opens in Lebanon April 1