Stories: NewsIn This Section
- Preventing Tick-borne IllnessesBy Dr. Antonia Altomare | April 7
Deer ticks (also known as Ixodes scapularis) carry more than Lyme disease. There are at least five infections one could get if bitten by a deer tick: Lyme disease, Anaplasmosis, Babesiosis, Borrelia miyamotoi and Powassan disease.
- Tips for Talking with Your Children about COVID-19April 2
Child Life Specialists from the Children's Hospital at Dartmouth-Hitchcock offer these tips for answering your children's questions.
- Making the Kitchen a ClassroomBy Heather Wolfe | April 1
With many families hunkered down at home and children learning remotely, why not turn the kitchen into a classroom.
- Dartmouth-Hitchcock Health Modifies Game Format for Battle of the Badges Ice Hockey Championship to Benefit Children's Hospital at Dartmouth-HitchcockMarch 11
Due to concerns around Coronavirus, game will be played without spectators, but will be live-streamed on WMUR.com website and mobile app.
- Preventing Carbon Monoxide PoisoningBy Debra Samaha, MPH, RN | December 20
The Injury Prevention Center at the Children's Hospital at Dartmouth-Hitchcock (ChaD), in partnership with Safe Kids New Hampshire, offers these tips to both prevent and identify carbon monoxide in your home.
- Dartmouth-Hitchcock Health Launches Vaping Education CampaignNovember 19
Multi-state effort will inform and educate parents, youth and public on the dangers of vaping.