Pediatric Surgical Specialties
We also counsel parents expecting a baby who may have been diagnosed before birth with a surgical problem. We provide services in Bedford, Lebanon, Manchester, and Nashua NH.
Pediatric surgeons at CHaD work across a wide range of disciplines.
- General surgery: Many types of surgery, from the repair of inguinal hernias to the complex reconstruction of unique congenital malformations to trauma critical care.
- Neurosurgery: Conditions such as the diagnosis and treatment of hydrocephalus, shunts, brain tumors, craniosynostosis, acute head injuries, epilepsy surgery evaluations, chiari malformations, vascular malformations, congenital spine/spinal cord problems, skull lumps and bumps, spinal cord tumors, and spasticity evaluations for possible rhizotomy.
- Ophthalmology: Conditions such as crossed or lazy eyes, nearsightedness or farsightedness. Developmental abnormalities, systemic disease or ocular abnormalities including tear duct problems.
- Orthopaedic Surgery: Diagnosis and treatment of scoliosis, hip pathology, growth deformities, cerebral palsy, club foot deformities, developmental and congenital abnormalities, and traumatic injury.
- Otolaryngology: Medical and surgical management of a variety of disorders that involve the ear, nose, throat, head, and neck in children.
- Plastic surgery: Congenital, traumatic, and post-oncologic pediatric deformities.
- Urology: Diseases affecting the genital-urinary tract. Bladder and kidney reconstruction, genital reconstruction, minimally invasive urologic surgery, and prenatal diagnosis and care of urological abnormalities.