We're open and safe
Keeping our patients and employees healthy and safe remains our highest priority. As you consider coming to the hospitals or one of our clinics for your appointment or procedure, here is what is important for you to know.
The team at the Children’s Hospital at Dartmouth-Hitchcock (CHaD) is always here for you and all of your child’s health care needs.
We understand the worries about COVID-19, work, money, home schooling, and isolation. These concerns can increase anxiety and trigger other health issues. Please know we always have a pediatrician on call to support your needs. During the day, there is a counselor and other staff available who can help connect your family to services and resources.
Our office hours have not changed, and we continue to welcome all of our patients to our general pediatrics and specialties clinics.
COVID-19 resources for medical professionals, educators and others
- Official CHaD statement - School recommendations (PDF) (updated November 19, 2020)
- Knowledge base for COVID-19 in children
- Current regional COVID-19 epidemiology and guidance (updated August 28, 2020)
- Regional Estimated Active Cases per Million (map at https://accd.vermont.gov/covid-19/restart/cross-state-travel)
- New Hampshire
- Published guidelines for schools
- New Hampshire (Update September 1 includes COVID-19 School Toolkit and Considerations for Transitioning Between School Instructional Models)
- Agency of Education COVID-19 Guidance for Vermont Schools
- Department of Health Schools, Colleges, and Child Care Programs
- Vermont Child Health Improvement Program CHAMP COVID-10 Updates
- Children’s Hospital Colorado (PDF)
- American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) (updated August 21, 2020)
COVID-19 resources for families
- COVID-19 resources for families of children with special needs (PDF)
- Saying goodbye from a distance (PDF)
- Talking to your children about COVID-19, Safe Care and Social Distancing (PDF)
- “Why can’t I visit?” Helping children stay connected when separated due to COVID-19 (PDF)
- Accidental Adult Poisonings Increase During COVID-19 Pandemic
- Tips for Talking with your Children About COVID-19
- Making the Kitchen a Classroom
- Balancing Family Life: Working and Studying Under One Roof
Clinic office hours
Lebanon clinic office hours
- Monday through Friday
Immunizations only (by appointment only): 7:00 to 8:00 am
Regular clinic visits (in-person or Telehealth visits): 8:00 am to 6:00 pm
Urgent visits (by appointment only, phones open at 8:00 am for scheduling): 9:00 am to 12:00 pm
Concord, Manchester, and Nashua clinic office hours
- Monday through Friday
Regular clinic visits (in-person or Telehealth visits): 7:30 am to 5:30 pm
- Saturday and Sunday
Urgent visits (by appointment only): 8:00 am to 2:00 pm
Note: Concord pediatric patients are seen at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Manchester on weekends.
Pediatric well clinic visits
All pediatrics clinics are open and safely seeing patients. We have returned to full operations, caring for all patients' medical needs. Please call your primary care provider with any questions about medical care or to schedule appointments.
Visiting CHaD during COVID-19
To keep you and your family safe, healthy, and well cared for during this uncertain time, we’ve made some changes to our visitor policy.
Visitors for clinic appointments
- One adult may attend in-person appointments in the clinic.
- If two adults are needed at an appointment, you can request a special code to get through the entrance screening.
Visitors for children in our pediatric inpatient services
- Parents and guardians may visit (maximum of two visitors).
- Visitors who are not parents or guardians may have video or phone visits only.
We are committed to supporting your family during these difficult times. For any questions, please call us:
- Lebanon: (603) 653-9663
- Concord: (603) 226-6100
- Manchester (603) 695-2750
- Nashua: (603) 577-4400
If you have a specialty specific question, please call your specialty provider’s office.