When you need to stay overnight with us, use the information in this section to help you prepare for your visit.
- Frequently Asked Questions About Your Visit answers some of the most commonly questions about your child's hospital stay or outpatient visit.
- Making the Most of Your Medical Appointment provides tips for having a successful appointment.
- Your Health Care Team describes the providers, nurses, therapists, and other staff you may meet during your visit to CHaD.
- Preparing for Your Child's Surgery includes information about surgery and anesthesia, including frequently asked questions geared specifically to kids and how to talk to your child about surgery.
- What You Can Bring to CHaD suggests personal items that children, parents, and caregivers can bring from home to help make your stay at CHaD more comfortable.
- How You Can Help Your Child offers suggestions on ways you can make a stay at CHaD easier for your child.
- What to Tell Your Child gives advice about how to talk to your child about their visit to the hospital.
- What to Expect Going Home explains the hospital discharge process.
Parking at CHaD
For detailed information about where to park at CHaD and Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, please visit the Parking, Transportation, & Maps page on the Dartmouth-Hitchcock website.