Molly's Place is currently closed due to COVID-19
Please refer to Upper Valley Strong for a comprehensive list of community resources.
Molly's Place at the CHaD Family Center is a warm, welcoming, child-friendly place at Dartmouth-Hitchcock in Lebanon, NH.
Each family who visits Molly's Place is provided resources, education, information, and community connections in a respectful, culturally sensitive, and comfortable manner.
We are open Monday through Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm (closed on weekends).
To ensure the safety of all our visitors, children must be accompanied by a responsible caregiver at all times. Thank you for helping us keep Molly's Place safe and enjoyable for everyone.
Molly's Place is a great space for children to play and families to unwind between their appointments or during long hospital stays.
Our staff is here to help whether you need information about resources at Dartmouth-Hitchcock (D-H) or the community. At Molly's place, you will find:
Thank goodness for Molly's Place. It is always our last stop as a reward/incentive for my son after his numerous visits. I really don't know what we would do without it.Mom from Franconia, NH
- A bright room where kids can play and caregivers can relax between appointments
- Computer access
- 'Fun things to do with your child' — a binder filled with local activity ideas in an 'info-to-go' format
- The Nook: A private, quiet spot to the right of Molly's Place to feed your baby and for children to play calmly
- Fresh fruit, coffee and snacks
- Strollers available to borrow while at D-H to allow for easier transitions
- Bike and ski helmets (seasonal)
- Comprehensive Family Resource Guide
- Support Group information
Who uses Molly's Place?
Molly's Place is here for everyone
- Before/after/between appointments
- While waiting for a loved one to get out of surgery
- Taking a break from visiting the inpatient units
- Local support groups
- Community agencies
Who created Molly's Place and why?
Molly's Place at the CHaD Family Center was created in 2002 by families and the staff of CHaD to be a welcoming place that provides families with education, information, and community connections.
How is Molly's Place funded?
Molly's Place is supported by gifts from the Hendricks/Felton Family Foundation and other family and Friends of CHaD. Your financial contributions ensure its future.
Please call the CHaD Community Relations office at (603) 650-3431 for more information.
I wish we had a place like this in my home state. The staff are friendly and great with my son. It has been an invaluable resource."Out-of-state Dad
Molly's Place has connections to many local, regional and community resources to assist you with your family's health care needs.
- Lending libraries: We have two separate Lending libraries. One is for adults, with books on childhood illness, disabilities, parenting, and much more. The other has books written in child-friendly language, to be read with children. These books help parents explain medical conditions in terms kids will understand.
- Patient Support and Education pages: The Patient Support and Education section of this website provides information about services and resources available to you, including local and regional websites, informative fact sheets, lending library and Health Care Notebook information, and much more.
- Health Care Notebooks: A Health Care Notebook is your own convenient three-ring binder where you can keep track of important information related to your child's health care needs.
Please know how much we appreciate Molly's Place and how many needs this area has filled for us. I can't even imagine the cumulative benefit Molly's Place must have on patients' quality of care. Thank you! Keep up the great work! We love you Molly's Place."Family of Two Young Children