The Muscular Dystrophy Association (MDA) Clinic uses an interdisciplinary team approach to diagnose and care for patients with varying types of muscular dystrophy, a neuromuscular disease.
We treat a variety of muscular dystrophy and neuromuscular diseases. A full list of the diseases supported by our clinic can be found on the Muscular Dystrophy Association website. Conditions include:
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)
- Becker Muscular Dystrophy (BMD)
- Charcot-Marie Tooth (CMT)
- Congenital Muscular Dystrophy (CMD)
- Distal Muscular Dystrophy (DD)
- Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD)
- Emery-Dreifuss Muscular Dystrophy
- Friedrich's Ataxia (FA)
- Limb-Girdle Muscular Dystrophy (LGMD)
- Myotonic Dystrophy
- Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA)
The MDA Clinic team
Our team is staffed by a pediatric neurologist, orthopedist, psychiatrist, pulmonologist, occupational therapist, and social worker. The Clinic team work directly with you to advise about all aspects of medical management of neuromuscular disease, including occupational, speech, respiratory and physical therapy.
Our team can also assist you with purchase and repair of wheelchairs or leg braces when prescribed by MDA clinic physicians. We are also happy to advise on communication devices to support your needs.