Developed by our Child Life Specialists, Operation Sneak-a-Peek is a tour designed to help children of various ages and their families prepare for anesthesia, surgery, and other sedated procedures.
How can Operation Sneak-a-Peek help my child?
During the program, children will:
- Become familiar with the hospital environment
- Meet some of the people who will be caring for them
- Learn about medical equipment through therapeutic play
- Begin preparation for their upcoming procedure
- Have the opportunity to ask questions
When do Operation Sneak-a-Peek tours happen?
Tours are offered throughout the week on an individually scheduled basis.
When should I plan to take the Sneak-a-Peek tour?
We recommend that children take the Sneak-a-Peek tour about one week before their scheduled procedure.
Where are Operation Sneak-a-Peek tours offered?
Operation Sneak-a-Peek tours are offered in the following locations:
- CHaD PainFree Program
- Outpatient Surgical Center (OSC)
- Same Day Surgery
Elliot at River's Edge in Manchester, NH
- 1-Day Surgery
How do I schedule an Operation Sneak-a-Peek tour?
To schedule your personalized tour, please contact the Child Life Program.