We provide consultations regarding the health care status for children in or entering foster care. Consultation and assessment visits are available by appointment and urgently when needed, on a 24/7 basis.
Our mission is to provide optimal child maltreatment diagnosis, management, and prevention services. Our vision is that someday all potential victims of child maltreatment will receive these specialized services in a timely manner, close to home.
Our team members include:
- Pediatric nurse practitioner
- Family practice physician
- Pediatric social workers
- Child Life specialists
Our diagnostic capabilities include:
- Coordination of pediatric radiology, neuro-imaging, photographic documentation, and other assessments in cases of possible physical abuse or neglect
- Colposcopic and laboratory evaluation in cases of suspected sexual abuse
- Psychosocial interviews and assessment for abuse and trauma issues
Child Advocacy and Protection Program clinicians train professionals on a variety of topics concerning medical issues in child abuse and neglect.
- Child abuse reporting and documentation for medical professionals
- Child neglect, including failure to thrive and medical neglect
- Child physical abuse, including inflicted bruises and burns, inflicted head trauma, inflicted fractures and inflicted abdominal trauma
- Child sexual abuse
- Child abuse outcomes
- Conditions mistaken for child abuse
- Domestic violence and child abuse
- Medical child abuse (pediatric condition falsification)
For more information about scheduling professional training, please contact us.