Find information and answers to your child seat safety questions about the following topics:
- Child passenger law
- Child safety seat FAQs
- Child safety seat installation
- Technician training and resources
Child passenger safety inspections
Inspections are conducted by certified technicians who provide a one-on-one tutorial on using a car seat. You can obtain a list of permanent inspection stations by calling toll-free (877) 783-0432 or visiting the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website.
We also conduct inspections at community checkup events throughout the state. Our Events page will list some of these inspections. For checkups in other states, visit the SafeKids website.
- American Academy of Pediatrics: Information on topics ranging from car safety seats to school buses to teen driving
- BeSeatSmartNH: Find answers to most child seat safety questions as well as where to get additional resources in New Hampshire.
- Big Kids Need Booster Seats brochure (PDF)
- Booster Seat Quiz (PDF)
- Car-Safety.org: A volunteer, nonprofit website about carseat safety
- The Car Seat Lady: Information from a NHTSA-Certified Child Passenger Safety technician and instructor
- Child Safety Seat Public Service Announcement video.
- Children's Hospital of Philadelphia: The Center for Injury Research and Prevention is a comprehensive pediatric trauma research facility dedicated exclusively to addressing injury.
- Introduction to Child Passenger Safety video
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
Ease-of-use ratings guide for car seats and boosters; list of inspection stations
- See car seat recall information on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website.
- National Child Passenger Safety Board
Information on topics such as trainings and technical updates
- New Hampshire Driving Toward Zero: The mission of New Hampshire Driving Toward Zero is to create a safety culture where even one roadway fatality is one too many. Zero fatalities is the only acceptable number and of course, the only number we can ALL LIVE with. This website provides updates on events and nine critical emphasis areas related to traffic safety in New Hampshire.
- Safe Kids Worldwide: Resources for related injury prevention topics and listings of upcoming child passenger safety events
- Safe Ride News: Resources for child passenger safety advocates
- Safety Belt Safe USA: Resources for parents, caregivers and technicians